Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Starting over...

So, I believe that last time I wrote, I had said that I was going to begin Weight Watchers in late June.  Well things haven't exactly worked out like that.  I didn't join in late June due to the financial situation not really being in order like I would have hoped; however:

I Joined Yesterday!!! Yay, go me! 

  I have very mixed feelings but mostly I feel relief that I am finally doing it.  Still
,
It feels as though I'm staring down the barrel of a very long gun.

It's hard not to look at the bigger picture...at the 80-90 pounds I could stand to lose  (although I would be OK with 70).  It seems like it might take 20 years after forever to do this.  But,  I think I will choose to look at this differently...set smaller goals.  For instance, in weight watchers, the first goal is 5% of your weight loss.  Which, for me is 10 lbs.  Then, you have a 10% goal,   which for me is 21 lbs.  Those two seem pretty manageable.  It's when I start thinking about the lifetime goal that I feel a little threatened.  So I won't...I'll take things 10 pounds at a time.  But,

I can't wait to start seeing a difference!  

 I was looking at some old pictures from my early years of high school.  I thought I was so fat!  I wasn't!  I wasn't as thin as many of the other girls but I had a really nice figure.  It's funny how now I wish I was that size again.  
In my adult life, I have never been thin.  I have never been at a healthy weight, and I am really looking forward to having this "burden" so-to-speak off my shoulders.  So, here we go...ready or not...

Here is my before picture:

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Lindsay! I know you can do it. You did it before and you can do it again! You are so right about making small goals. The thing that motivated me when I first joined WW is knowing that for every 5 pounds lost, I would receive a 5 lbs sticker for my "star catcher WW bookmark". I usually got a star about every 3 weeks. I know it sounds silly to some to get excited over a "sticker". But, looking back, it does not seem like it took me very long for those stickers to add up. When I broke my goal up into those 5 lbs star increments, it made things go by so much quicker. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Aunt Kimberly! I get excited over the little stars too! I just hope my first weigh-in is encouraging! In the past, the first time I weighed in I would lose about 5 pounds. Maybe it will be the same this time; although, I know that not all of the weigh ins will be that good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linsay, I'm so proud of you. You are right where God wants you to be. There's blessings in chaos that are not in calm. Melani

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments! :)